Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bangalore and me..!!!!

This is probably a very LATE post... But still wanted to post it...
There are some of the situations i faced outside & inside the nimhans conventional centre(foss.in) which i didnt mention in my previous post about the conference...

On 30th, me and my junior XXX(i dont want to mention her name) reached bangalore by 1.30. went straight to her house, got some refreshment and then thought of attending the Volunteer Meet in which i was supposed to meet Shilpa Sequiera who was one of the Organizers of the Foss.in event.

The meet was at 6.30, so i was planning to start early. I called my junior to come with me, but she just told she cant, this was really a bad situation, coz i neither know the way nor the language.


Then she just came with me and told me to go by an auto, dont know how a typical Brahmin family is doing like this, coz we dont treat anyone like this coming to our houses, that too a girl, its really bad saying "go by yourself" in a very new place.

Started alone, by taking an auto. I thought the venue would be a little near, but from Murugeshpalaya it took nearly 1 hour to reach. and Rs.120 as fare. That was so long. Thought of leaving early from there. Met Shilpa and then came out at 7.15 pm, trying to cross the road and at last crossed it at 7.40, waiting for an auto, i was waiting and waiting and at last one auto came at 8pm who agreed to come only if i give him Rs.50 extra.   I had no other go other than giving him the money.In between, i was really in a mentality to cry out!!

Went to her house at 9pm, between didnt even get a call from her where i was, too tensed i was! Went home, called my dad and asked him to come fast and take me to the PG. he came at nearly 11.30pm and then i went to the PG, because of these mess, caught high fever and cold :-(

Caught a friend in PG, Sonali :) She was pretty cute and friendly too. Enjoyed her company. She came with me to the Nimhans Conventional Center and left me there by 8am. I was sitting at the registration desk. Enjoyed the place much. It was sometime later when i met Ramnish who was a friend of Arun Sag. Had nice time with him for the 4 days wherein my juniors always left me alone :P But had fever and cold all the time :( :( :(

Finally left on 6th December with all my juniors :)  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment